Saturday, December 20, 2008

Moms really do know best....

I have not blogged all week, Paige has been sick.  According to the doctor Monday and then again Tuesday she was fine, just let her rest.  Paige was sick, she was not fine.  She only wanted to be held, she cried, she moaned, she was miserable and the doctor did nothing.  So, we took her home and let her rest and continued to wonder what was wrong.  I am an avid reader when it comes to my child, I research everything.  (I am certain doctors hate the internet).  I took Paige back Friday to discover she has a reaction to the MMR shot that was given ten days previous.  She had a minor case of the measles from the shot and an ear infection.  I told the doctor that she was sick on Monday, I do not know why she did not listen.  I am frustrated that we have gone 5 days without medication.  I thank GOD we have some medicine now, so Paige can get healthy for Christmas.  Nothing is harder than seeing your baby sick and suffering and not being able to comfort them.  Please pray that Paige continues to get better and the medicine kicks in soon!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry :( There is nothing in the world as bad as watching your baby not feel good. Glad they finally figured it out though...get well soon Paige!!

The Bynum's said...

You are so right, Mom's do know best. So glad you found out what was wrong with Miss Paige and she can get well before Christmas. Have a wonderful CHRISTMAS and New Years!