Sunday, December 28, 2008

It is really the simplest things that bring the most joy.





We are back home from our Christmas adventures.  Paige was well for Christmas, Praise GOD.  We had a wonderful time visiting our family and a few friends along the way.  I decided that Christmas needs to last a week.  This whole cramming two families into one day is just exhausting.  I feel like I did not really get to fully take it all in.  Paige had a great time.  Last year, she slept through Christmas, this year she was excited, a bit overwhelmed, but excited.  We had to open gifts in shifts because it was just too much for her.  After all the fabulous gifts she got, her favorite thing you ask, a singing card from grandma that was in her stocking.  It is still the one thing she plays with the most often.  It really is the simplest things....

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Isnt that too funny! The smallest and simplest ones are always the favorites!!
Glad you all had a great Christmas! It does need to be a week long..I agree!!

Laura said...

I've heard the kiddos usually love the boxes more than the actual gifts in them! I'm glad you had a great Christmas! I wish Christmas was a week long too, we went to three families in two different states in one day! Way too much to do in one day